24 September 2008

When In the Course of Human Events

Not tornadoes, hurricanes, brush fires, or floods
No acts of God or the natural world

But in the course of human events-
imposing taxes without our consent,
depriving us of the benefits of trial by jury,
constraining our fellow citizens,

quartering standing armies in times of peace,
cutting off our trade with all parts of the world,


establishing an arbitrary government,
taking away our charters,
abdicating governance by declaring us out of protection and waging war against us.


We, the People,
don't like that so much.

So the chips are going to fall...


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely brilliant in teaching your children with creativity! I stand (fall?) amazed.
I'd hate to see what you'd do with the French Revolution.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That was a great idea! We're doing the Revolution after the election, might have to borrow that one.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I borrowed this domino idea from a book called Hands-On History: American Revolution. It has a variety of mini books to make (which I tried with my kids, but they were taking way too long).

The thing I thought was weird was this domino project is meant to be done with cutout paper dominoes glued to stand up on a file folder and look like they're falling over.
Why rob ourselves of the fun of knocking down an actual domino train?
I still like the book though.

12:25 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Great 3D illustration! Always so creative, my friend.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home