02 September 2008

Those Will Be Very Clean Clothes

My daughter started a load of laundry today. The spin cycle was set on extra high. We went to the library. The liquid laundry detergent was sitting on top of the washer. It was brand new. 96 loads worth. The spin cycle engaged. The detergent skittered across the top of the washer. And dove off. Snapped the plastic lid into pieces.
We found the evidence on our slimy blue laundry room floor.

96 loads worth.

We used the waiting dirty clothes pile to mop up the detergent sludge.

Those will be very clean clothes.

96 loads worth.



In other news, I'm hosting a giveaway over on SoulPerBlog. Where I tell a few more stories about my life. Not that they are interesting as 96 loads worth or anything.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger christianne said...

Wow! That is some story, indeed. 96 loads . . . wow.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another trip to Sam's in store for you.
Had dinner with Becky Holt last night. Realized it has been 7 yrs since I last saw her! Guess I'll see her again in 2015.

9:40 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

96 loads. Sounds like grist (or suds?:) for a great poem.

Funny. Well, at least now.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Janine said...

Oh, I hope those clothes didn't oversuds your washer! Sounds like you kept your good humor.
Let's geocache sometime!

7:34 PM  
Blogger rthling said...

I laughed 97 loads worth!
Found you over on Kelli's blog. Have a great day!
Diane (aka Rthling)

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home