02 July 2008

Because I Feel Like Something Green Today

Blue and Black Salvia- the hummingbirds love this and so do I.

-Butterfly Garden 2006-
Completely empty of plants, but full of potential

-Butterfly Garden 2008-
Lilac, hollyhock, butterfly bush, bee balm, sedum, lavender, chrysanthemum, phlox
And lots of bees and butterflies

-Vegetable garden 2006-
Cardboard boxes and topsoil
Shrimpy basil and high hopes for a lush future

-Vegetable Garden 2008-
Welcome lush future!
Corn, green beans, summer squash, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, peas, watermelon, strawberries, cucumber, grapes, sunflower, cosmos, zinnia, lupines... and shrimpy basil.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!
This makes me want to cheer.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I wandered over from Christianne's place...and your garden is so encouraging. Maybe someday I'll have one, too!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Erin,
Gorgeous, soothing salvia.

Just wanted you to know that I finally bought some Prang watercolor pencils, on sale at the homeschool convention, for $4! Sadly, I haven't touched them yet. Emma is having a ball with them. Thanks for thinking of me though.

I'm done with composting for now. My big tub is still full of "stuff" after 6 months. No nice new dirt yet.:) Also, I'm still picking newspaper out of the garden. Maybe it is too dry here or I need your grass clippings!
Your garden and yard look like a place I'd like to spend hours.

Love you,
Paula

5:40 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Green here too. (With envy, my dear. What gardens you have!)

9:17 PM  
Blogger rhon said...

You must have gotten my green thumb b/c I have none! Thanks for sharing; I'm a professional admirer.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home