23 July 2008

She's Got High Hopes: Part Two

So then today, we were toodling down the road to visit a friend and we passed a sprawling RV dealership. I pointed it out to my mid-kid and asked her which giant beast struck her fancy.

After a second or two of deliberation she said, "I just want to get a small one. Something with one bed above the driver's seat and room enough for just me."

Well, that made me sad that we were all somehow black-listed from her future travel plans, so I tried to be pathetic and needy and ventured, "You mean you want to travel all alone?" (In my best patented mother's whine-y wail.)


"Aw, Mom. I'll be fine...
As long as I have a night light."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger gramarty said...

She'll keep me laughin' all my born days!

12:44 PM  
Blogger rhon said...

Cutting the apron strings already! A sad day indeed. You may be lucky to keep her until she's 16! The road is calling her...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Oh my goodness!!! How funny, yet sad for mom and dad at the same time!! Sounds like she is the comedian of the fam.

8:37 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Oh well. Nice try, Mom. (I thought you did a really good pathetic and needy voice. Wow, that she didn't fall for it. : )

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home