24 October 2006

Lest Erica think I'm dissin' her...

(I did warn you that I am ever-so-slow about getting my pictures organized and dealt with.)

Erica came to visit us for one glorious (gloriously hot, muggy and stifling) week in May. Amongst the coffee sipping, late night talks and nature walks, we also saw:

The National Zoo

(which is a free park, so make sure you avoid the lunchtime joggers when you're there)

A lovely hike on part of the Appalachian Trail that runs through Harper's Ferry, WV.

A scenic drive that somehow landed us in Pennsylvania.

Playing the tourists in Washington DC

The hallowed halls of the National Gallery of Art

(where I always get in trouble with the guards for standing too close to the paintings. I just wanna appreciate 'em, sheesh!)


Washington National Cathedral- another one of my favorite places
So, that was MAY. Here's what Maryland looks like in October, Erica. Wanna come back?

Oh, and Ellie lost a tooth.

Can you believe the gall on that kid?! I still can't convince her to stop growing up.

5 Comments:

Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

One question: How is it that Steve looks almost the same as I remember him to look many years ago at VT and I, well, don't?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Leatherwing said...

When you were at the National Cathedral, did you see the
Darth Vader gargoyle?

9:43 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Greta- couldn't you just beat him with a wet noodle for that?

Leatherwing- I didn't get to see Darth Vader face to face. Those gargoyles are WAAAAY the heck up there. But I know there are books and videos available that take a virtual tour of all the artwork residing up above our heads.
Amazing to know there is as much un-seen art as there is visible art at the Cathedral. I love it.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the pics! Do you live in D.C.? I'll be in D.C. in November (the week before Thanksgiving) for a conference. Wouldn't it be fun if we could meet face to face? (Rather than back to card)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Erica P. said...

do i wanna come back? do i wanna?!? that shouldn't even be a question. especially after seeing the colors on that tree. you're going to have to send me pictures of your back yard. i know, odd request, but hey, you know me!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home