01 October 2006

I Forget that He Forgets

This morning, our church is worshiping by taking the Lord's Supper together. I'm staying home with a sick little Anna-boo.

Communion is something I absolutely look forward to, and therefore, hate to miss. My flesh is so easily distracted through the buffeting of the daily grind, that I so need that time at the foot of the cross to remember His gift of grace. I'm lonely for Jesus this morning.


Jesus, You see my sinful state- my perpetual forgetting of Who you are and what You've done.

Make me remember this morning, how beautifully you forget.

HOW YOU FORGIVE ME
(Ben Pasley, CCLI Registered)

Sometimes I’m afraid of You…

You are just too good
Sometimes I am scared to look at You…
You are just too beautiful

I am frightened by the notion
That You would hold my hand…
Have you witnessed my devotion?
Have you seen what I hold on to?

How you forgive me, How you forgive me Jesus

Sometimes I’m afraid of You…
You are just to kind.
Sometimes I am scared to pray…
You are just to merciful.

I am frightened by the notion that
You would hold my hand…
Have you witnessed my devotion?
Have you seen what hold on to?

You take away the pen writing out my every sin, and
You burn the book of my rebellion
You tear the pages holding everything that I regret
How You forgive me, Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home