23 October 2006

There is No Title To This Post

Ya'll are just a stitch! There are some very clever blog poets, and blog not-quite-sure-what'd you'd-call-its out there. You made me laugh and smile- each and every one of you.
And for what other reason does the word verification code exist, I ask you, but to lend itself to a little wacky fun? It's all so ontological. Or is that existential? My black turtleneck and beret are back in the dirty clothes pile.


I am pathetically slow about taking the pics off my camera. I just don't have time to fix the red-eye, resize, readjust, crop, rotate, re-this, re-that. I took a PhotoShop Elements course, for crying out loud. This ought to be pie! (In my defense, that PSE program makes my computer slower an' mohlasses in Janyary.)

So, I've downloaded a bunch of pictures and I'm just throwing them up here because I want you to see what we've been doing.
Besides playing Mission: Impossible. My kids tell me the song is creepy, BTW.

Here we go...

Some dear friends of ours came for a visit over Columbus Day weekend. Leatherwing had a few days off from school, so Rhonda decided to bring him along.


We've only just begun. Mwahahaha!
Playing cards at The Mudd Puddle.

Rhonda and I, over the years have developed a wonderful, mutually sharpening friendship. "As iron sharpens iron... " Add a little bit of coffee, a lot of art, and you've got US.

I remember the first art class Rhonda and I took together. Portrait Drawing I. I was looking for a drawing class to keep up my skills, she was considering a career change. (R. is the skeptic's proof that an engineer can become an artist.) R. hated that class! Our professor really didn't teach much about drawing. I'm not sure that he taught anything at all. But R. and I had a great time together, slogging through charcoal and pencil sketches.

Ask Rhonda and she will tell you that she approaches art with a very engineered slant. She researches concepts and materials, knows exactly how each paint and pencil responds to every type of paper, and keeps careful records of all of this.
I, do not.
She has drawers and files, labels and sticky notes, brushes and metal rulers that would make the organizer in each of us drool.
I, do not.
The girl puts me to shame. Rhonda is the driving force behind SoulPerSuit.

Leatherwing just gives me the Plague.


They spent a waaay too short weekend making art, visiting lots of independently-owned coffee shops (no mention of Big Bother "Sbucks" that weekend), and just hanging out with me and my peeps. I'm so thankful they like my peeps. I do too.



My biggest peep was at work

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so that explains it. When you mentioned you got the plague from this Leatherwig character, I couldn't figure out how you had picked up a cold from someone in North Carolina. So I thought that perhaps you were making a blogging joke. Now I get it!

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love times like these!

11:56 AM  
Blogger rhon said...

Wow! You make all my anal tendencies sound noble. We had a great trip. Hope we can do it again without the plague. Glad Ellie finally lost that tooth! Are you going to see Dr. Seuss this weekend?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Rhon,
The plague is gone, hallelujah! Only the cough remains as a reminder of Leatherwing's scourge.

Won't be in town for the Dr. Seuss thing this weekend, but I think I have a few more chances to catch it. If we're able to go, I'll be sure to tell you what it's like.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home