19 December 2008

Contemplative KIDS Christmas III- Singing




Even though there is only one person actually singing, making this music video required harmony. After each take, we reviewed the footage, discussed what could be done better, edited out, drawn to the forefront, enunciated.
This was our third take.

Creative vision shared. Moving toward the same goal. Purposeful action. Agreement.



I wonder what the Trinity discussed at the dawn of Creation. I wonder how they agreed on a course of action immediately after the Fall. I wonder how the angelic throngs shouted and cheered to witness The Plan set in motion. I wonder how the Three-In-One could have withstood being separated at the cross. I wonder what the end of this universal drama will feel like.
I know it will be complete harmony.
And it'll be perfect on the first take.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Harmony. I've always been better at melody. :) I find the other takes concentration, learning. But it's possible with time and effort... and a lot of listening.

(Liked the poignancy of your previous post too, btw. And I'm listening to the song right now. :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger aspire2 said...

The only thing more beautiful to me than worship music is a child's voice raised in worship.

3:09 PM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

This is absolutely lovely!

The song...and the post. Thanks Erin. Those are good "wonderings." (Sorry for the made up word!)

I hadn't really thought about that--what the Trinity discussed at the dawn of Creation. Really, when you see the amazing design from the very beginning...
Wow.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Oh Erin, what a precious video! One of my favorite Christmas Hymns and to hear you play and you and your sweet daughter sing, watch you play the guitar as your little one arranged the nativity, and feel the motion of your videographer (guessing 3rd daughter)...so multisensory! Wonderful! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Also fun to get a glimpse of your home. Lovely!

My son is taking guitar lessons, I would like to learn too.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home