11 October 2007

Ruth 1:16-17

Do not press me to leave you,
Or to turn back from following you.
Where you go, I will go.
Where you lodge, I will lodge.
Your people will be my people.
Your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die.
There, will I be buried.
May the Lord do "thus and so" to me, and more as well
If even death parts me from you, parts me from you,
Parts me from you, parts me from you.May the Lord do "thus and so" to me, and more as well
If even death parts me from you,
parts me from you,
parts me from you,
parts me from you.

HESED

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, I love this. And the picture of your girls walking away, toward the morning glories - beautiful.
Paula

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Absolutely beautiful. The pictures are perfect. They make my heart ache. Thank you for sharing this.

You are a wonderful mother and teacher, Erin. What a gift to your children.

Love, Jeanne

10:28 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

This is lovely!
It always makes me laugh when people quote this at weddings when it was originally said to a mother-in-law (I know, I know, the principle still holds true).

1:17 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

This was so moving. And the part about "even if death parts me from you" made me especially stop and breathe a moment in your honor. Still thinking on you and your family's loss these days.

6:45 PM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

I know I've seemingly disappeared, but I have been checking your posts and I have been praying for you and Steve!

I miss the days when we could actually pray together physically, but know that your family is in our family's prayers here in Brenham!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home