16 October 2008

Family Race III: President Over All *

* Alternate title: The Parade of Goobers

Finally, I expose my own embarrassing high hopes for power and prestige. And yet, the chinks in my armor are so darned apparent. I worked in the yard most of yesterday. I was given only one hour notice before I had to take the stage. I borrowed a powdered wig. I stole the American flag. I tried to posture like a politician. Mostly, I tried to be frank and honest. Don't voters want honest politicians?


But then... along came this landslide speech by my opponent.



Listen to the crowd. They love him.
I never even had a gasp of hope.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Oh man, you guys are hilarious. My entire family gathered around to watch all the videos. John was cackling at Steve... just can't get enough of your creativity and willingness to use it with just about everything!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Still. laughing.

I'm voting for the status quo!

Did Steve's accent change from British to Indian somewhere in middle?

Thanks guys. I will have to come back to these videos whenever I'm in need of a laugh!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Ohh, I forgot to mention the wonder of your lovely coif and flag-draped bosom. Laughing...again.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow! What rivalry! I observe some differences in your campaign policies leaning towards un-subtle bribery on behalf of your opponent... I mean, c'mon, upstaging honesty, laundry and integrity with bike rides, birthdays, money and FUN? So like a Dad!! He'd get my vote too - what a priviledge your children have been given to have a fun loving daddy like theirs :) Although I have to say, your impressive wig and patriotic flag bearing took some beating...a mom like you must be pretty darn great too!

7:35 PM  
Blogger RissaRoo said...

How fun! Your kids will certainly never forget *this* election, and all that they learned while preparing for it! What a great idea (and thanks for the laughter, too!)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Ya'll crack me up! What great videos of your household elections.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home