16 October 2008

Family Race II: For a Congressional Seat in the House

The kids decorated the sofa and curtains to be their stage. "It's our platform, Mom. We have to stand on it to say our speech."



After dinner last night, we spent a few minutes jotting down notes for our speeches. Some rushed around choosing a costume to wow the audience, while others decided to play the "I'm just a regular girl" card.

I'm so impressed. These two candidates had positively no input from anyone when they wrote their speeches.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Wow. How did you ever vote? I gotta tell you, though, I'm a sucker for a fluffy mascot.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Fantastic! What well spoken young ladies, you deserve to feel proud Erin! I would be hard pressed to know how to vote, such persuasive arguments from each sofa balanced, swaying candidate - I'm really torn between the bug spray promise and the white mascot. I love how you're keeping it real - this world we live in needs to be explored and understood on fundamental levels like this - politics are not an adult only topic. We are heading towards a general election in NZ, one week into the campaign trail and I can pretty guarantee that 90% of NZ children under age 14 wouldn't even know it was happening!

6:24 PM  
Blogger rhon said...

I wonder if any of the campaign issues surprised the previous administration?

7:21 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Rhon,
The bug issue surprised me.
But, come to think of it, we've been overrun with stink bugs this fall. I just didn't know she saw it as a key issue.

And I was pleasantly surprised when Ellie suggested no mudslinging in arguments, but sensible debate instead. I wonder if she will take her own advice...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home