17 April 2008

The Three Sisters

My name is Rebekah. My Co-op is
doing a study on Native Americans.
We are going to plant the Three Sisters.
I have three sisters too!
Each of the Three Sisters help each
other in a way.
This is my Co-op.

This is me.
I'm holding this bamboo stick
for my mom.

My sister Ellie( the second sister.), is
helping her plants grow,
by putting in rotting fish. GROSS!!!!
Well...This Top picture shows the
Second Sister, BEANS!!!
The First Sister is corn.
But I don't have a picture of that.

This is squash.
My last sister's name is Anna.
I am kind of like the corn.
I am the oldest sister(the First Sister!).
Next, we made feather potatoes.
They will keep away the birds,
and other animals.
But, my mom heard a RACCOON!!!
Thank goodness it did not eat the fish!!

Well, this how the Three Sisters help each
other: The corn helps the beans climb,
the squash has HUGE leaves.
They help to kill all the weeds.
I don't know how the beans help.
Bye-Bye!



Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hey,I really ROCK!!!


Don't I?



-Rebekah

10:30 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

You're so vain. You probably think this blog is about you.
Don't you?
Don't you?
Don't you?

(What a great kid.) -Mom

1:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah St. Andre said...

I can't wait to eat your corn, Rebekah!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Rebekah, that sounds like it was a lot of fun, and cool that there are three sisters in your family just like in Native American gardening, and both have "Beans" too!

The pictures are great! I like your feather potatos. Maybe that can be our project for the beach!

I love you! Thanks for writing on the blog!

1:44 PM  
Blogger gramarty said...

Well hello there, Little Bean! Does this mean your nickname should be Corn? Grandpa's usually the one they call "Corny"! You sure are sprouting upward these days, no matter which of the Three Sisters' name you go by!

I remember seeing feather potatoes when I visited you in England! I wonder if Pocahontas taught the British how to make them when she traveled there with her husband way back when?

Keep us informed of the progress of your Three Sisters' Garden. I want to know if these ideas work.

I love your blog!
Grandmabee

2:10 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

great job, rebekah!

and as a personal note to your mom: i'm glad to see your girls are getting in some gardening time . . . that quiet, focused attention that allows other life to germinate, too, in the background of the heart, mind, and soul. :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi, Aunt Abby!

LOL!
That's really funny.Maybe that's
something we CAN do.

I can't wait for the corn either,
Aunt Sarah!

Grandma,
My Three Sisters are doing fine.
I hope to see you soon! And you're
funny. Tell Grandpa that nickname is SO funny!


- Rebekah

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah (Bean),

Thanks for capturing the great Native American planting adventure in this excellent blog.

Do we get to eat the potatoes some day?

I've ask around and nobody seems to know what the beans are for except that we get to eat them.

-Dad.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

The fish is gone.
Mom thinks a raccoon ate them.
SNEAKY RACCOON!!!


-Rebekah

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home