15 May 2007

Another Day, Another List

1. I love that my husband takes care of our family. Including (but not limited to) canceling a credit card account that's run amok by nefarious flower/tennis shoe/computer parts ordering thieves. I love that he is willing to take on the administrative task of keeping our finances in order. I love that he hands me the money and all I have to do is spend it. Wisely.

2. I love that my kids are good shoppers. They trekked with me back to the Stuff Mart today and we pepped ourselves up on the way in. "Ok, we know where everything is that we want. We spent all of yesterday morning tracking it down. Let's just get in there and make a bee-line for everything we had in our cart yesterday. (Except, of course, soap flakes.) GO TEAM!" The girls did beautifully.

3. I love that our credit card company keeps an eye out for suspicious charges. They're looking out for us. (kinda)

4. I love that today's venture at Stuff Mart took us a mere third of the time that it took yesterday.

5. I love checkbooks! They come in real handy when your credit card is on the fritz.

6. I love that I ran into my smiling neighbor in the Stuff Mart today. Had I not had to go back to re-shop there this morning, I would have missed her and her drooly baby boy. She had great sympathy for my plight, and Drool Boy gave me a sweet wave good-bye.

7. I love that I'm finally done with Stuff Mart for a long, long time.

8. I love that we got an impromptu lesson in credit, finances, password protection, theft and credit card fraud. Those are good life lessons for kids.

9. I love that there's more to my life than financial security and the convenience of one-stop shopping. Yes, I was royally ticked yesterday. And rather weepy too (lack of sleep makes the emotions raw, what can I say?). But today is a new day. The sun is shining and the garden's looking lovely. I love that for my eight hates from yesterday, I can write about NINE things that I love. It reminds me of the verse, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." I'm moving on, Baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

You have such an amazing attitude.
And the comment about my mind wandering like Anne - the best compliment ever!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Yeah...sounds like a great day! :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

Jiminy Christmas!

I hope this comes out right--I've "enjoyed" reading the past two blogs, but, man, I don't want to feel your pain.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Lifelong Learner said...

You recovered nicely, with grace in tact. :) Kudos!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home