12 December 2006

Last Chance and The Name Game

This is your last day to head over to SoulPerBlog and enter the drawing for my one-of-a-kind, highly-unusual journal set. Chris and gramarty are neck and neck.
Those of you in Seattle, Australia, and Twyford, England ;) need not be shy about entering. If Erin is crazy enough to post a prize internationally, YOU ought to be crazy enough to play the scavenger hunt!
Just click here if you'd like to play. I'll announce the winner tomorrow.
*******************
Yesterday in the car, my 8 year old piped up, "Mom, I have a great idea for when I start having kids. (Of course, I'll discuss this with my husband to make sure he agrees with me.) Probably a good idea. I want to name all of my children in alphabetical order. I'll name each girl and boy, starting with "A", and their middle names will begin with the letter that comes right before their first name letter. "

Mom: "An "A" name would have NO middle name, because, what comes before "A"?

The following is what happens when left-brainers get all fancy on you.
Rebekah: "Easy Mom, we'll just use a "Z."

So! The alphabet is circular, not linear. ??? I get it. I think.
Rebekah is waaaaay ahead of me in quantum physics and relativity.

"Here's what my "A" names are going to be. If it's a girl, (with a romantic, sighing voice)
Adonia Zera. If it's a boy, I like the name, Adam. Like the first man ever."

********************
Then my six year old chimed in, "My kids are going to have jewel names. I'm going to have twins named, (with a romantic, sighing voice) Diamond and Ruby."

Rebekah: "Ellie, I don't think your boys are going to want to be named after JEWELS. That's too girly."

Ellie: "Oh, I know. The jewel names are for the girls. The boys are going to have PIRATE names!"
********************
One child goes for order, logic, and an easy filing system.
The other goes for romance and theatrics.
Now all they need to do is find husbands!

5 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

And then there are people like me who think, "but you could just name your kids 'Amber Zirconia' and 'Blimey Arthur' and everyone would happy. Now we just need to figure out if I use BOTH sides of the brain or NEITHER.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Too funny. You can tell your daughter when I was 11 I really loved the name Emerald. And when we lived in England there were a few Gemma's. I do think Pearl is rather sweet.
So what Long John Silver, Jack Sparrow, and Will Turner may be your future grandsons? ;)
The circular alphabet is great too! Love that!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Can I adopt the pirate idea when we have kids?
Pirate names can work with girls, too. After all, I'm a pirate.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

One husband, coming up! For Ellie, that is. And when Anna is old enough to auction off, Jack's available too!

3:20 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

You must read Keeper of the Doves to your daughter! It opens with a family of alphabetically named daughters (or, more accurately, all with letter A at the beginning of their names). I think she would find it funny and inspiring. My nine year old adored the book.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home