13 February 2009

Two Things

The first, just a funny exchange that's kept me laughing all afternoon.

The kids and I were outside enjoying a post-winter, pre-spring day today. After we'd walked the perimeter of our yard and picked up armloads of branches blown down by the windstorms, pulled up all the dead roots of last year's vegetable garden, plotted homes for our spinach and sweet pea seeds, played a few games of tag, pushed each other on the swing, walked to the mailbox, had a scooter race, and stirred the compost, some of us got the great idea to play frisbee.

Youngest daughter dug the frisbee out of the toy bin, oldest sister took a position, I paced off a good tossing distance and called over my shoulder to the middle girl, "Hey Babe, wanna come play frisbee with us?"

"Uh, no, not really. I can't. I have an appointment. With some mud."



Oh, then. By all means. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

The other thing is a great discussion question Sandi asks over on SoulPerBlog. I don't know exactly why, but I love things like this.
Old stuff. Stories. Stories about old stuff. Old stuff you have and the stories you know. Stuff you know about old stories. Stories and old stuff.
Yep, I love it all. And I'd sure be interested to read your answer, so I'm inviting you to head over there and write something. You might have an interesting story amongst your old stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------
appointments with mud must be kept at all cost

1 Comments:

Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

An appointment with mud. That's what spring is all about, yes? : )

Made me smile.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home