06 April 2007

You Thneed My Super Sucking Blog Power

It's official.
I think.
See, I got a shiny award because I think.

(If you all knew the goofy collection of certificates, awards, plaques and trophies I displayed for so many years as a kid... And the pride I took in those things! Most of them were purple and said "Participant" in gold foil. But they were MINE. And they were shiny.)


Truthfully though, I suck. Your ideas. From your blogs. I feel like The Black Hole of All Thought, because the many Thinking Bloggers out there have way higher and way deeper thoughts than I ever could. I spend most of my blogtime reading, reading and reading other blogs and saying, "Hmmmm." "Yeaaaaaaah!" and "Eureka!"

Well folks, the Thinking Blog train stops here. Please open up your minds and let me suck out every last consciousness. (This won't hurt a bit.)
Heather, I don't have any music with vacuuming sounds. You'll have to provide your own sucking noises.

Ok, here's the situation.
The blogging universe requires punctuation. (Did you bust a rap right there?)
I'm not a writer. I can barely rub two commas together to make a fire.
Then why do I blog? To empty my brain of all lucidity, of course. Silly people. I'm THE BLACK HOLE OF ALL THOUGHT, dontcha know.

So, of course, that being said, I'm ecstatic that anyone ventures over here to read something I write. Just plain fit to be tied. In a big, loopy red bow.

Thank you, to the Blogging Community at large, for letting this non-writer come to your party. I truly am in over my head, most days. But just you wait, when someone invents blogging for visual artists, well... Then my nefarious plan to take over the blogdom will reach fruition. Mwahahaha!
Until then, I'll admire my purple "Participant" ribbon and enjoy sucking your thoughts from your skulls. Um, I mean reading your talented musings and jotting down a few of my own.

Thank you, to Lance, Heather, and Robin-through-the-back-door, for nominating me as a Thinking Blogger. I hope you don't regret it now.

Rest assured, your thoughts that I'm sucking from the nether reaches of the blogosphere will be put to good use for all humankind. I might be The Black Hole of All Thought, but I'm a BENEVOLENT Black Hole of All Thought. Your memories, thoughts, and critiques will serve the greater common good.

I also use them to make Thneeds. Just $12.97 eaches.



P.S. Blogs I suck from frequently (that you may not have known about): Credo ut Intelligam, LifeSpace Art, Lilies Have Dreams, Wide Open Spaces, Thinkin' Out Loud

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, maybe you don't suck thoughts often, but when you do, it's a l l good! Life must be getting in the way of blogging full time. Hmmm, imagine that :/.

Maybe THAT'S my excuse for my being so behind in reading you! I just scrolled down and I missed several! Then again, for some reasons, your blog is in a weird folder in my Bloglines and I don't open it everyday...gotta figure out how to move it, it can't be difficult, lol.

ANYWHO......CONGRATULATIONS on your VERY REAL AWARD!! You're kind of like the E.F. Hutton of blogging...which is also a compliment ;).

HAPPY EASTER!

8:36 AM  
Blogger christianne said...

I read this post going, "She doesn't think? What? She doesn't write? What?" S o n o t t r u e .

I have found that you absolutely FLOURISH in the comment sections of other people's posts. Remember that time you commandeered Heather's post about Mozart to talk about, well, all kinds of stuff that was WAY OVER MY HEAD? You continue to challenge me in the things I'm thinking about. And you make me laugh. It takes a lot of wit (ie., THOUGHT) to make that happen on a regular basis. :)

Love ya, girl. Congrats on your well-deserved award.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Whoa.
I wrote this post so very early in the morning. It was a lot funnier then.

Robin,
I'll remember what you said about SoulPerSuit. Shall I mark you down for the next round?
I don't know who really has the time to tinker with their blog template and move things around in Bloglines. It seems the more efficient and streamlined we make our proceses, the more up keep they require. Just put me under your "Bloggers Who Suck" category. :)

Christianne,
You, also, are in my bead for the next SoulPerSuit round. You will have plenty to say about, oh I don't know, wildernesses and Divine romance. And how the two are sometimes, just sometimes, exactly the same thing. (Yeah, since I said that, I've been thinking about it a lot.)

Heather's blog entry re:music... shhhh! I was hoping she would forget I did that. I wasn't a very good guest that day. And I so want to be invited back!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

Hey Lady:
Don't let your measly little false humility steal the glory from the One who has gifted you.

You've got it. He gave it. Love it. Live with it. Use it . . . for Him.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey now, Mr. Scrawny.
No need to get hot under the collar.

It IS hard for me to write. It takes me FOR-EVER to get a blog post written. I may get an idea, I may get a thousand ideas, but translating those into something coherent and easily read is quite another matter. (So while I enjoy doing it, it does not come as easily to me as it might to others.)

I'm going to stop here before the Pulpit Master thumps me over the head again.

4:00 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

If it's any encouragement, it takes me forever to write blog posts, too. Which is why I'm not so prolific as others. Let's start our own "write slowly, live deeply" blog ring! :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Christianne,

What should be our posting goal? About 2 per year?

12:32 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

Silly girl . . . we've both blown the roof off that goal already! Or maybe that was your point: set low sights so we're sure to succeed.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home