02 August 2006

Book Tag

I'm coming out of vacation mode to play book tag with my friend, Kelley.

1. One book that changed your life: Imagine: A Vision for Christians in the Arts -Steve Turner. This is a must-read for anyone who loves Jesus and loves the arts. It's high time...

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls - Gary L. Thomas

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: How to Cook and Build Absolutely Anything out of Sand and Seaweed. Free bonus gift included with purchase: Super-size, all-weather propane lighter and Swiss Army knife!

4. One book that made you laugh: A Year in Provence- Peter Mayle. Being a Westerner (British or American) and living in France lends itself to many curious, head-scratching-in-wonderment, occasions. I read this when we'd been in Paris for the first 2 weeks of our 5 month stay. Everything he wrote about was happening to me!

5. One book that made you cry: Meet Addy -from The American Girl series. I read this with my 3 and 5 year old daughters. Imagine being a young slave girl on a Southern plantation and watching your father and older brother sold like cattle. Then that same night, running away with your mother under cover of darkness, but being told at the very last minute that your baby sister is NOT coming with you because her sweet baby noises would give you away. Imagine reading this when your hormones are pumping at 8 months pregnant.

6. One book that you wish had been written: How to Cook and Build Absolutely Anything out of Sand and Seaweed.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Couldn't think of a book off the top of my head, so I'm going with a movie. U-Turn. This is everything I wish a movie was NOT. Psychedelic, sleazy, incestual, brutal. All-around ick.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Eat, Pray, Love -Elizabeth Gilbert. I really love her writing style. She is a lost soul searching for "fulfillment and enlightenment" in all the wrong places. If you can get over that, it's an enjoyable book.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Desiring God -John Piper. Jeni keeps telling me to read it. Guess I better get on it. I think I might even own it already. (sheepish grin)

10. Now tag five people: Rhonda, Erica, Mary, Abby, Christine, Greta... I'm feeling like a party though- if you are reading this blog and have one of your own (and haven't already been tagged) YOU'RE IT! Just give us a "heads up" in the comment section.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Stilley said...

Interesting titles. Thanks for sharing.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the Turner Imagine book! Echoed a lot of my desires. I'll be waiting for the Sand and Seaweed book. After posting my top 10, I realized that maybe Robinson Crusoe would have been a good survival help. That's okay. I watch enough episodes of Lost to get me by :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Grn Ma Dollie,
I can't wait to see what you end up blogging about. Steve was shocked you didn't tell him about this. We'll keep checking back with you... until Thanksgiving, when we can blog together in real time.

8:07 PM  
Blogger rhon said...

Got mine posted.

4:33 PM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

Posting it now! :)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if I am you only friend Christine - then I'm putting it on my blog. If I'm not, then I'm putting it on my blog anyway, since I do have one : )

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home